However, it is not always easy to keep them fresh and clean for a few days. Very often girls and women have to deal with the problem of quickly greasy hair, which looks untidy just a few hours after washing. How do you take care of oily hair so that it stays clean and healthy for as long as possible?
The reason for the increased grease content of the hair
The main reason for the phenomenon of increased hair fatness is the excessive secretion of fat by the greasy glands, which are connected to the follicles of the scalp. The high activity of these glands can be caused by an excess of hormones in the body, so very often the problem of increased fat content is faced by teenagers who are in a so-called transitional age. How to properly care for oily hair and how to wash it in this case, you can ask your dermatologist or cosmetologist.
If the problem occurs in an older person, and suddenly, you should urgently consult a dermatologist or trichologist, who will prescribe an examination and testing, and the results will help to determine the cause of excess fat.
The main causes of this phenomenon may be:
- Hormonal malfunctions caused by thyroid, pancreatic or adrenal dysfunction;
- nervous system malfunctions;
- digestive disorders;
- various infections in the body
In addition, the increased secretion of the sebaceous glands is often a family feature, so heredity is one of the reasons for this phenomenon.
In most cases, the acceleration of the separation of sebum people provokes their own actions and lifestyle. The following factors can provoke increased fat excretion:
- frequent and very intensive use of hair dryers, irons and other appliances – hot air, metal and ceramics during drying and styling – have a negative impact on the condition and operation of the sebaceous glands;
- Incorrect, very frequent use of shampoos, conditioners and other cosmetics;
- too frequent, intense combing – it massages the skin, stimulates the work of the sebaceous glands and leads to the spread of fat over the strands;
- Wearing headgear (frequent and prolonged), especially indoors, will cause excessive fat excretion due to the obstruction of normal scalp breathing;
- the use of very hot water for washing and rinsing.
It is very important that the care at home for oily hair is correct and comprehensive. Therefore, every woman should know how to wash her hair and what products to use.